Adjusting to Palermo’s Street Life

Adjusting to Palermo’s Street Life

Pre-Order The New Kindle

Bibite e Gelati

We’ve been here for about two weeks, and are just starting to adjust to life on Palermo’s streets. On the chaotic alleyways of this city, scenes of striking beauty are almost as common as mountains of trash. But somehow, ancient elegance and modern grime work together well, giving Palermo an authentic feeling of life. If it all were clean and sparkly, the city wouldn’t be nearly as captivating.

On My Shouldes
UWE Palermo
Palermo At NIght
Street Food Palermo
Street Oysters

7 Comments

• Jacqueline

what are they protesting in the 11th picture?

October 3, 2011 at 6:58 am
    • Daniele

Hi, they are sardinian farmers united with sicilian ones protesting for cuts in Agricolture….you know the crisis…..ciao

January 31, 2012 at 2:35 pm
  • Amer

awesome street photography yet again! love this series on Palermo. keep it coming!

October 8, 2011 at 11:05 am
  • Natasha

Me and my partner (more precisely me :-)) are thinking about visiting
    Palermo for our summer vacation, so I was looking for a room or a studio
    for rent on the Internet and I don’t know how i end up watching your
    pictures. I was staring with my mouth open. Amazing! Now I can’t wait to
    go :-))) I’m more of a city wondering person and my boyfriend is more a
    beach person, so I was wondering if you guys maybe went to Mondello
    beach and if you did, how was it? Any way thank you for the beautiful
    pictures you decided to share, I was stunned while watching.
    Best regards from Macedonia

January 22, 2012 at 10:36 pm
    • Fulvio

Mondello is one of the most beatiful beaches in the world, you need to go in the early summer because in August get too busy.You’ll love my town…do you wanna bet???Ciao.

January 31, 2012 at 2:33 pm
  • Nicholas Stedman

Excellent photos of a place I am now spending a lot of time in. More interesting and a better reflection of Palermo that some exhibitions in Arty galleries that I have seen on the same city. Complementi!

May 30, 2013 at 6:21 pm
  • christina gort

amazing!! the more I see of Palermo I just love it more and more. I will always come back now again and again. magical.

June 10, 2014 at 11:23 am